Saturday, September 20, 2014

I challenge you to beat type 2 diabetes

Do have type 2 diabetes? In 2012 I  was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. 
 I found out. I was going though a life crisis. My life was being torn apart. I was sad going to depression angry all the time. I was mad at the world. The way I found out. One day I woke up with blurry vision. That morning my mom was making my dad breakfast. She made him some spam. She  like would you like to eat with us. I say no thank but I just grabbed one piece of  spam. Later that day I was telling my mom how I had blurry vision.
So later that day I made a eye doctor appointment. The eye doctor I saw that day she said you need to go to the emergency room ASP my eyes were super dilated. That same day I went to the the clinic where my doctor was. They were running all kinds of tests on me. That's when we found out my glucose was at 585. He asked me have I eat that morning. I said no just a piece of spam. he says you're lucky if your glucose was any higher I would have been in a diabetic coma.  Scary right! Well I got my act together did what I had to do. I thank God I had  my mom by my side. She fought every step with me. We went to diabetes classes . We change the way we ate. We were working out and she was even eating healthy with me. If it was not for my mom being at my site. I would not be here. Will after going through all that changed in my life. I lost 30 lb I learned moderation is the big key word to control diabetes. My doctor was keeping up with me. Saw difference in me. He ordered a blood test. So I  went to do the blood test. Followed up on my next appointment with him. He told me he is proud of me. He said it looks like you have everything in control. He took me off all the medication that I was taking for type 2 diabetes. As of this day to day I have not taking any medication for type 2 diabetes I do not have to poke my finger and check my blood anymore. I'm in control of my life. Yes moderation still plays a big role in my life. And yes once you are diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes you never completely get rid of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment